To those of you who have not had the pleasure, Portia became my alter ego in April of '05 when my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. All the people in my life wanted to know what was happening to us as Jay underwent a valiant 9 month fight for his life. My emails to about 110 of you became a form of talk therapy for me. It was certainly easier for me than repeating the story ad infinitum.
Well, here we go again. Today I learned a biopsy of tissue from my left lung tested positive for squamous cell cancer. Yes, the BIG C! It's a small nodule so it is quite operable as long as there is no further spread. Unfortunately, the PET Scan that was done last week also showed a hot spot in the bronchi. Another biopsy will assess the second spot. If the same cancer is found there, then my only option will be chemo and radiation, not surgery.
My plan is to put Portia to work again. I am attempting a GMail Blog to become a little more 21st century. I hope this works.
No comments:
Post a Comment